Come summer and air conditioners and air coolers are in high demand all over India. Both of these provide a cool atmosphere that offers the perfect escape from the summer heat. However, with a variety of choices available, it can get taxing to decide whether to buy an air cooler or air conditioner. If you too are confused, let us see how both of these work in detail and which one would suit you best.
Air Cooler Vs Air Conditioner
Features of an air cooler
- An air cooler consists of a motor fan, pads and a water pump. As water is pumped and lands on the pads, the fan circulates outdoor hot air through them. Water evaporates adding moisture to the air and making it cool. This operating principle makes them a good choice for those living in a dry, hot climate as compared to a humid one.
- Air coolers are cheaper and fit in your budget as compared to an air conditioner which is expensive and not so affordable.
- Installation is simple and requires the cooler to just be plugged into a PowerPoint. No separate machinery is required except for a stabilizer in some cases. Portable air coolers are also available which can easily be moved from one room to another.
- Coolers are energy efficient and will keep your electricity bills within limits, unlike an AC.
- They are environment friendly and do not release any harmful greenhouse gases that adversely affect the environment. However, they require high water intake during summers.
- Coolers do not offer temperature and humidity control and can fail to cool when temperatures soar above 45-degree centigrade.
Read More: How to Install Artificial Grass at Home?
Features of an air conditioner
- Refrigerant coils in an AC absorb the hot outdoor air and throw cool air back indoors offering a better air quality and effective cooling even at temperatures above 45 degrees.
- You can choose from a window, split or tower ACs as per your preference. Window ACs are the most budget-friendly, while tower ACs are expensive although they are portable.
- AC’s offer better temperature and humidity control and several other features such as intelligent cooling, sleep timer, filters to remove dust, pollen, bad odours and even particulate matter below 2.5 microns to ensure you breathe purified air.
- An AC operates silently making much less noise as compared to a cooler. However, it might require regular maintenance for optimal performance.
- Contrary to the belief that air conditioners use more electricity, purchasing an AC with an inverter reduces power usage while providing efficient cooling and saves energy as well.
- Installation of an AC is complex and time-consuming, especially with the dual unit split ACs. Proper installation is important to ensure long-lasting performance.
So choose the one that fits your budget as well as other requirements. Air conditioners are a luxurious and more costly cooling option given that they come with premium features for effective cooling and if you wanna buy AC this summer then you can go through this AC buying guide that will help you to choose the best AC for your home, office or shop.
While air coolers offer the comfort of cool air on a budget, however, they are ineffective at high humidity levels. So make your choice wisely Best AC In India.