Lockboxes are the best thing in the case of the security of your home. These boxes are specifically designed to enhance the security of our personal belongings and essentials. Some lockboxes are opened with keys. But, the lockboxes that open with combinations are the safest options. But there are some consequences too in the case of using a combination lockbox. If you forget the combination or code anyhow, you are locked out of your house, and you can’t enter. So that’s a great risk, and in case of any inconvenience, you will not be able to enter your own house. In such times, you have some options or methods to open the locked box to enter your home.
How to Open a key lockbox
How you can open a combination lockbox if you have forgotten the combination or code
Picking the lock
This can be your option if you have forgotten the combination. Though, this process does not apply to every kind of key lockbox. The lever lockboxes are the ones on which you can apply this method. There are some steps you have to follow when you’re unlocking the combination lockbox without the combination. The steps are the following-
- Bend two pins to pick the lock yourself. It is especially applicable for lever based locks. You need to unbend the first paper clip into a pick by straightening it.
- After that, you have to open up the second paper clip into L shape.
- After that, the second L-shaped paper clip into the bottom of the keyhole. Then push it in. Insert the first clip into the top portion of the keyhole. In this way, there is a possibility that you can be able to feel the pins or levers in the lock push.
- You have to pull out the straight clip and try to take that upward against the pins. Simultaneously, you must apply a little bit of pressure at the end of the L-shaped clip. You need to make sure that you’re putting the same pressure on both of the clips. Then you might be able to unlock the lock.
- Once you can open up the lock, you can reset the combination.
Opening by Manufacturer Reset
Formatting the older lock and unlocking the lock is another option you can choose. Only the lock manufacturer has the authority to do this thing. You have contacted the manufacturer, and you have to undergo some procedures to get the job done. The whole process is as following-
- At first, you must get in contact with the manufacturer of the lock. They are the ones who can assist you if you have forgotten the combination.
- You have to have the printouts of the necessary forms for the lost combination. Go through the policies of the manufacturer and follow their instructions.
- You have to have an authorized form that a notary public authorizes you. This is needed to prove that you’re the owner of the lock.
- After the manufacturer receives all the information, they will send you a new combination after a week or so.
These are the processes through which you can open a lockbox if you have forgotten the combination. But try to remember the combination always like this kind of thing is not desired by anyone.